[Fractint] Twitter fractal posted link in may add Windows co…

Author: Harold Lane
To: 'Fractint and General Fractals Discussion', 'Albrecht Niekamp', 'David W. Jones'
Subject: [Fractint] Twitter fractal posted link in may add Windows commands to your registry
Albrecht sent me a personal email saying:

-"In the forum David published a link from
-twitter. Watch out !
-It is malware - after erroneously clicking on it
-I checked the registry and there were more then 200 (!!!)
-entries named twitter, mostly *windows commands*."

I happened to not click on the link myself,
but I did a search for "twitter" in my registry
anyway.

I'd forgotten that I have a Twitter account that
I don't use, but the number of Twitter entries
in my registry was eye-opening.

There are so many entries that I'm not able to tell
whether I have accumulated any malevolent
Twitter entries over time in addition to my
account's entries.

Albrecht said that he was able to use a utility
named "JV tools" to remove his registry's
"Twitter Windows Command" entries.

I'd be interested to learn whether anyone who:
- has *no* Twitter account, and
- *did* click on the link David found and posted
here has any "Twitter Windows Commands" in
their Windows registry.

- Hal Lane

# hallane@???