[GSL-Marina] Upcoming Events at the Marina

Author: Dave Shearer
To: gsl-marina@mailman.xmission.com
Subject: [GSL-Marina] Upcoming Events at the Marina
Here are some upcoming events at the Great Salt Lake State Park.

August 10th, Military Appreciation Day. Active military and veterans can come into the park for free. Also Salty Shore Snack Shack will offer 20% discount on food items for that same group.

August 15, Full Moon Walk - Join a park ranger for an evening stroll across the expanse of Silver Sands Beach. The walk will begin at sunset, and we will watch as the moon rises and casts its reflection over the Great Salt Lake. During the walk, you will hear strange stories of the lake from times past, some true, others merely being tall tales - Meet at the observation point just past the visitor center at 8:45pm.

GSLYC upcoming events

GSLYC Full Moon Cruise
Friday, August 16, 2019
Tired of the heat and bugs? Come join us for a relaxing full moon cruise - if you have never sailed on the GSL under a full moon, this is something you MUST experience - it is absolutely gorgeous!
7:00 pm - BBQ at the yacht club pavilion, bring a side dish or dessert to share, BYOB
GSLYC members included with membership, non-members always welcome $5.00 per person
8:00 -ish - leave the marina and sail to "S" mark, where we can raft up, get to know everyone and share some good stories!
10:00 pm-ish - sail under the full moon, until you are ready to go in
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NAVIGATION LIGHTS ARE WORKING

GSLYC Wine & Cheese Social
Saturday, September 7, 2019
5:00 pm
One of our favorite socials! After the heat of the long hot August days and nights - help us to celebrate the arrival of fall - come enjoy a relaxing evening with a beautiful assortment of cheese, crackers and fruit. Please bring a bottle of wine to share. GSLYC current members this is included with your membership, non-members are ALWAYS welcome, $5.00 per person

Dave Shearer
Park Manager
Harbor Master
Great Salt Lake State Park