[BSLWAC] Backstage - System Changes - March 29, 2017

Author: Nate Cothran
To: bslwac
Subject: [BSLWAC] Backstage - System Changes - March 29, 2017
System Changes

        Long time no talk! Hope everyone is having a good week.

        This is a quick note to let you know that we are finalizing the details for adding 34X fields to bibliographic records.

        Karen Anderson has submitted the final draft of those rules to our programmers and the programmers are implementing those within our system. We have gone through countless back-and-forth conversations between Karen, the project managers, and the programmers as well as an extraodrinary number of testing scenarios involving these fields. It's been a "two steps forward, one step back" dance to try to bring our expectations in line with actual data that has been tested against.

        When in doubt, we have chosen to err on the side of caution of what we would propose to do with adding 34X fields in bib records. We hope to share more information with all of you soon, especially about options with each field.

        Our default is to
not add these 34X fields unless otherwise requested by our clients.

Nate Cothran, PMP | Vice President, Automation ServicesBackstage Library works | Provo, Utah & Bethlehem, Pennsylvania801-342-5697 | nate@??? | ac.bslw.com/mars | How am I doing?