Re: [Utah-astronomy] Solar glasses

Author: erikhansen
To: Utah Astronomy
Subject: Re: [Utah-astronomy] Solar glasses
> Brent,

I have searched the web for 52-48 mm solar filters, seems most ideas of
solar filter for camera's, is a PST or like h-alpha filters. I am
pondering wether or not a 15% transmission polarizing filter is enough to
protect a digital camera (at some 95% blockage of the sun). Any thoughts?
maybe paired with an H-alpha Blk&white filter.

Erik

Thanks Seth, but there wasn't much new there, nor did it really answer my