Re: [Utah-astronomy] Solar glasses

Author: Joe Bauman
To: Utah Astronomy
Subject: Re: [Utah-astronomy] Solar glasses
I don't think I need to drag out a telescope at all, even though my old Celestron 8" still has a glass solar filter somewhere. It works as well as I need to just shoot from a 400 mm telephoto with a 2.75" binocular solar filter over the end. I'll post a sunspot photo I took today with that setup. Of course, the sun is fairly small at that scale, but I'll crop the image to show it. -- Joe