[LE2] L. Neil Smith's THE LIBERTARIAN ENTERPRISE Issue 662 i…

Author: Ken Holder
To: Libertarian Enterprise, Libertarian Culture, Libertarian Enterprise2
Subject: [LE2] L. Neil Smith's THE LIBERTARIAN ENTERPRISE Issue 662 is now up
L. Neil Smith's
The Libertarian Enterprise
Issue 662, March 18, 2012
http://www.ncc-1776.org/

This issue's Motto:
"The simplest fact of history and human nature is that
people really don't play well in groups.... any formally
structured group eventually -- invariably -- begins to
behave like a living organism, existing for its own ends."

THE WEEKLY VISUAL AID
The Matrix is Government
by Kent Van Cleave
Libertarian Antics
http://www.cafepress.com/l_antics
(Reprinted from Issue 351 (January 22, 2006)

EDITORIAL MATTERS

Now here's a thought:

Go to Trial: Crash the Justice System

More than 90 percent of criminal cases are never tried before a jury.
By MICHELLE ALEXANDER
New York Times, March 10, 2012

After years as a civil rights lawyer, I rarely find myself
speechless. But
some questions a woman I know posed during a phone conversation one
recent
evening gave me pause: "What would happen if we organized thousands, even
hundreds of thousands, of people charged with crimes to refuse to
play the
game, to refuse to plea out? What if they all insisted on their Sixth
Amendment right to trial? Couldn't we bring the whole system to a halt
just like that?"

The woman was Susan Burton, who knows a lot about being processed through
the criminal justice system.
Read full article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/go-to-trial-crash-the-justice-system.html

Anyone who's had ANY contact with the so-called "justice" system know's
it's really nothing more than a swindle.

Which reminds me, yes, it is true. We ARE living inside a Monty Python
sketch:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577281483630937016.html

Ken Holder
Editor-in-Chief