[HPMC] Tell Obama - Reject the Lobbyists, Reject the pipelin…

Author: Healthy Planet Mobilization Committee
To: Healthy Planet mobe
Subject: [HPMC] Tell Obama - Reject the Lobbyists, Reject the pipeline
[image: Oil Change
International]<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sKYHatfKCJqIkVgjignzmtMqc8tEoXAW>
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=e3rcFPavpset%2FSyNQGf1sdMqc8tEoXAW>
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FwtmqeR%2FeRxMYJb8whOHmNMqc8tEoXAW>

Dear Oil Change Friend,

Big Oil sure knows how to get what they want. And at the top of their list
right now is a brand new pipeline to carry the dirtiest oil on the planet to
the United States for refining and on to Europe and Latin America for *
export* to feed their profits.
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=azDeXyBzyXOJf1HRYNDnwtMqc8tEoXAW>

Is the Keystone XL pipeline about energy security for the United States? *
Nope.*1

Is it about creating jobs? *No.*2

Is this pipeline the result of a corrupt web of influence between Hillary
Clinton, K St. lobbyists, and oil companies like Valero and the Koch
brothers? *Yes!*<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5dy4ZxI%2BV4B7FGtDRj51ftMqc8tEoXAW>

We've joined with three great organizations - the Other 98%, Friends of the
Earth, and DeSmog Blog - to investigate the cozy relationships between key
State Department officials and corporate lobbyists for the pipeline. We
created an investigative infographic that has been featured throughout the
blogosphere, CNN and even (if you can believe it) Fox News. Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton has already indicated she's inclined to endorse the
pipeline before any environmental impacts are studied - but she doesn't have
final say.

President Obama made a campaign promise to shut out oil lobbyists, yet the
State Department’s blatant bias toward approving the Keystone XL pipeline is
a clear example of oil influence over our democracy. It's time for the
President to keep his word.

It’s not too late for the President to do the right thing. Please join our
letter to President Obama
today.<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=O2BaziUduS4aTv%2B5KG9sm9Mqc8tEoXAW>

Thanks for all you do.

Peace,

Steve Kretzmann
Executive Director
Oil Change International
Please LIKE us on
Facebook!<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QStQfcq08XOb4zZpcuvYF9Mqc8tEoXAW>

1. To read the Oil Change report that exposed the fact that Keystone is an
export pipeline, go
here<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QtcdHF5oVGKuE7QnSBwagNMqc8tEoXAW>.
Or check out this subsequent New York Times
editorial.<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6XJ0hBMtHbEpMseYL86rUtMqc8tEoXAW>
2. Check out the report that shows that more jobs may be lost from Keystone
than are created.<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WM4kqKKCDZRUjTlJjrBwWWViTDiQ%2FfSJ>

Oil Change International campaigns to expose the true costs of fossil
fuels and facilitate the coming transition towards clean energy. We are
dedicated to identifying and overcoming barriers to that transition.

We are a 501c3 organization and all
donations<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=F8pa3uX6ZWt6mW2pWUlpwtMqc8tEoXAW>are
fully tax deductible.

Check out our blog at
PriceOfOil.org<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NVOWw9S3azQYRN4C5LiAbtMqc8tEoXAW>and
find out how much oil and coal money your Representatives take at
DirtyEnergyMoney.com<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=23c%2Ftte1As7MXCIOIYKP8dMqc8tEoXAW>
.
If you want to be removed from our list entirely, click here to
unsubscribe<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0b0zBAH%2BIJd28q9JyJ3cLtMqc8tEoXAW>
.
[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>
**