[uscv-voting_activists] Time standards vs. Microsoft

Author: Dr. Charles E. Corry
To: uscv-voting_activists, ColoradoVoter
Subject: [uscv-voting_activists] Time standards vs. Microsoft
After an extended 8 1/2 hour outage of Comcast Internet yesterday
I had occasion to check the time on our PC. I noticed that the PC
clock was slow by about 3 minutes compared with my Mac. I then went
to the Date & Time on the PC control panel and, assuming the clock
was slow due to the extended outage, went to Internet Time and did an
Update Now against time.windows.com. The computer clock was still
several minutes slow. So I then did an Update Now against
time.nist.gov and got the correct time.
Note that any computer, and that includes most voting machines,
using the Microsoft time standard will have the wrong time on them.
That can be critical in numerous computer functions, particularly if
operating across either a LAN or WAN.
Chuck Corry
--
Charles E. Corry, Ph.D., F.G.S.A.
President, Equal Justice Foundation http://ejfi.org/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ejfi.org
455 Bear Creek Road
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906-5820
Telephone: (719) 520-1089
Personal home page: http://corry.ws
Facebook: http://facebook.com/charles.corry
Curriculum vitae: http://marquiswhoswho.net/charleselmocorry/
                       Issues of interest to the Equal Justice Foundation are:
Civilization
http://ejfi.org/Civilization/Civilization.htm
Courts and Civil Liberties   http://ejfi.org/Courts/Courts.htm
Domestic Violence               http://ejfi.org/DV/dv.htm
      Domestic Violence Against Men in Colorado http://dvmen.org/
      Emerson case
http://ejfi.org/emerson.htm
Families and Marriage                         http://ejfi.org/family/family.htm
Prohibitions and the War On Drugs  http://ejfi.org/Prohibition/Prohibition.htm
Vote Fraud and Election Issues         http://ejfi.org/Voting/Voting.htm

The good men may do separately is small compared with what they may
do collectively.
Benjamin Franklin