Re: [BSLWAC] name authorities change?

Author: Backstage Library Works Authority Contol Listserv
To: Backstage Library Works Authority Contol Listserv
Subject: Re: [BSLWAC] name authorities change?
Ted:

If I understand these correctly, they are the RDA equivalent headings for this entity. Instead of creating a second authority record, if there was an authority record already present, those testing RDA put the RDA form of the name in the 7XX field. In some cases, the form is the same as the AACR2 form. Once a decision is made on RDA, it’s my understanding that these will go away.

Leslie

Leslie Engelson

Associate Librarian of Technical Services

Hurst Library

Northwest University

Kirkland WA 98033

leslie.engelson@???